The original laundry burned down in 1906 and had to be rebuilt and a ‘New Boiler Plant and Power House’ opened in April 1936.
A 1936 guide book described the laundry as “a building 80ft by 40ft having a maximum capacity of 4,000 articles per week. The power plant consisted of a small vertical boiler and steam engine, the whole of the plant being driven through shafting. Various additions were made from time to time, and at a later date, a Cornish boiler was installed”
The laundry became ‘Lavender Linen’ in 1977, ‘Laundrycraft Linen’ in the early nineties and ‘Initial Healthcare’ in the mid-nineties before it finally closed in June 2006. The buildings were demolished and site has been used for housing